Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) today announced the development of a massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) based on its successful Civilization franchise. Through a previously announced partnership with renowned South Korean-based studio XLGAMES and under the leadership of its CEO and MMOG design luminary, Jake Song, Civilization Online (working title) is being designed from the ground up as an entirely new online-only entertainment experience for the Asian market.
Civilization series creator, Firaxis Games, and XLGAMES have been lending their respective expertise and vision to developing Civilization Online . Mr. Song is highly regarded for his integral role in creating the popular Korean MMORPG, Lineage , which has attracted 43 million players. For this project, he is leading a team of more than 100 people in Seoul, making it one of the most ambitious online game development initiatives taking place in South Korea. Firaxis Games is widely known for its long and distinguished history with Civilization , its leading strategy franchise, which has sold-in more than 11-million units worldwide, and includes the critically acclaimed and commercially successful releases of Sid Meier’s Civilization V and Civilization V: Gods and Kings . Earlier this month, Firaxis Games launched XCOM: Enemy Unknown , which has received excellent reviews from consumers and the media.
“Making our intellectual property available to delight consumers wherever they are is an important component of our long-term growth strategy,” said Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two. “Our online and mobile social projects in Asia are enabling Take-Two to further broaden its global footprint and captivate audiences across a myriad of screens, platforms and business models. If successful, these projects will enhance our core business with revenue and profit streams that are higher margin and more stable over time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV