What, Really, is Change Management?
3. The role of the manager is very clear. Changing the daily behavior of managers is critical during times of transition. It is unreasonable to expect that one three-day training course will do the trick. Close attention through coaching will help institutionalize the change.
So much time and money is wasted on projects that succeed in producing committed deliverables, but fail to achieve performance goals.
If improvement projects fail to create behavior change -- if people do the same things this week as they did last week -- the project adds no value at all.
It is possible to make "change" a competitive advantage, but it requires an understanding of the value of behavioral change and the professional capabilities needed to deliver.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV