Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS), a leading developer and marketer of proprietary enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries, today announced unaudited financial results for the fiscal 2013 second quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Summary Fiscal 2013 Second-Quarter Unaudited Financial Results From Continuing Operations
- Total net revenue increased 3% to $54.2 million, compared with $52.7 million in last year’s second quarter. This increase was led by the Hospitality segment, which was up 9% year over year, while the Retail segment was down 1%.
- Gross margin improved to 40.7% from 39.9% in the same prior-year period.
- Adjusted operating income (excluding stock-based compensation, amortization of acquisition-related intangibles and other one-time items) increased to $1.2 million, reversing the prior-year adjusted operating loss of $0.7 million. (See reconciliation below.)
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) from continuing operations grew to $1.3 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, compared with the adjusted net loss of $1.6 million, or ($0.07) per share, last year. (See reconciliation below.)
- GAAP net loss narrowed to $0.4 million, or ($0.02) per share, from the loss of $3.6 million, or ($0.16) per share, for the same period in the prior fiscal year.
- Operating results from the former Technology Solutions Group (TSG), including the gain on sale, as well as its assets and liabilities, are reported as components of discontinued operations during fiscal 2012.
“Our teams, customers and markets have responded extremely well to the business strategy we began implementing more than a year ago. The strategy of focusing on higher-margin products and emphasizing recurring revenue contracts continues to result in positive operational results,” commented President and CEO James Dennedy. “Equally important is that we have continued to make significant investments in product development while effectively managing our operating expense to drive improving profitability.”