AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) today announced the election of Dawn Lepore, Chief Executive Officer of Prosper Marketplace, Inc., to the AOL Board of Directors. Lepore brings more than three decades of experience building and operating online businesses, including drugstore.com, Inc. and The Charles Schwab Company.
AOL today announced the election of Dawn Lepore, Chief Executive Officer of Prosper Marketplace, Inc., to the AOL Board of Directors. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Dawn’s unique experience serving as both a board member and operator for media, technology and retail brands makes her a natural fit for the AOL Board,” said Tim Armstrong, Chairman and CEO. “Her deep industry expertise will be instrumental as we continue to evolve our business model and create value for our shareholders.”
Lepore’s background complements the AOL Board's leadership, which spans media, internet/technology, brands and finance.
“AOL has an impressive collection of world-class brands and is a clear industry leader in creating cutting-edge digital advertising solutions,” said Lepore. “Joining the board allows me to be a part of its future, and that’s exciting.”About Dawn Lepore Dawn Lepore is Chief Executive Officer at Prosper Marketplace, Inc., a peer-to-peer lending marketplace. Formerly, she was CEO and Chairman of the Board of drugstore.com, Inc., a leading online retailer of health, beauty, and wellness products, which she led from 2004 until the successful sale to Walgreens in 2011. Prior to joining drugstore.com, Dawn held leadership positions at The Charles Schwab Company where she was instrumental in building Schwab's highly successful e-commerce business. In her 21 years with Schwab, she held a variety of roles. She served as Vice Chairman of technology, operations, administration, strategy and active trader, was Chief Information Officer, a member of Schwab's executive committee and a trustee of SchwabFunds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV