- Net sales were $321 million, a decrease of seven percent, versus $346 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Industrial Materials revenue was $260 million, a decrease of 14 percent year-over-year.
- Engineered Solutions revenue was $61 million, an increase of 39 percent year-over-year.
- EBITDA* was $65 million, a decrease of 16 percent, versus $78 million in the third quarter of 2011. The decline was largely driven by lower volumes in our Industrial Materials segment, partly offset by higher realized pricing for graphite electrodes and needle coke and improved performance in our Engineered Solutions segment.
- Net income was $30 million or $0.22 per diluted share versus $40 million or $0.28 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2011.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $45 million versus $47 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Net debt* was $604 million as compared to $597 million at the end of the second quarter of 2012.
GrafTech Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.