Colonial Properties Trust Reports Results For Third Quarter 2012
In September 2012, Moody’s Investors Service upgraded the company’s senior unsecured debt credit rating to investment grade with a rating of Baa3 and a stable outlook.
During the third quarter 2012, the company recorded a non-cash impairment charge of $3.0 million related to a commercial asset, which has been classified as held-for-sale on the company’s balance sheet. This non-cash impairment charge is reflected in EPS, but does not impact FFO.
Additionally, $0.9 million of non-cash charges were recorded in the third quarter 2012 related to a for-sale residential parcel of land held in a joint venture located in Atlanta, Georgia. The sale of this parcel of land is anticipated to occur in 2013. This impairment charge is reflected in EPS and FFO.Quarterly Dividend on Common Shares On October 24, 2012, the Board of Trustees declared a quarterly cash dividend on common shares for the fourth quarter 2012 of $0.18 per common share. The dividend is payable November 13, 2012, to shareholders of record as of November 5, 2012, representing an ex-dividend date of November 1, 2012. 2012 EPS and FFO per Share Guidance Based on the third quarter results and transactions occurring during the third quarter and anticipated to occur in the fourth quarter, the company has updated its diluted EPS and FFO per share guidance range, certain assumptions and the timing of certain transactions for the full-year 2012. These projections are set forth and reconciled below:
|Plus: Real Estate Depreciation & Amortization||1.45||–||1.45|
|Less: Gain on Sale of Operating Properties||(0.55||)||–||(0.65||)|
|Total Diluted FFO per share||$||1.23||–||$||1.27|
Multifamily same-property net operating income: growth of 7.0 to 7.75
- Revenue: Increase of 5.0 to 5.50 percent
- Expense: Increase of 2.25 to 2.75 percent
- Development spending of $100 million to $110 million.
- Acquisitions of $115 million to $185 million.
- Dispositions of $150 million to $375 million.
- Land and for-sale residential property dispositions of $5 million to $8 million.
- Corporate G&A expenses of $23 million to $24 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV