EQT Corporation (NYSE:EQT) today announced third quarter 2012 earnings of $31.9 million, or $0.21 per diluted share; compared to third quarter 2011 earnings of $67.6 million, or $0.45 per diluted share, excluding a gain on the sale of the Big Sandy pipeline. Third quarter 2012 earnings were negatively impacted by $0.03 in earnings per diluted share (EPS), from the resale of unused transmission capacity at prices below the contracted price. For the first time, the Company recorded a $4.8 million reduction in net income, or $0.03 in EPS, attributable to non-controlling interests in EQT Midstream Partners, LP. Operating cash flow was $176.2 million in the third quarter 2012, compared to $191.1 million for the third quarter of 2011. Cash flow per share was $1.18 in the third quarter 2012, compared to $1.28 in the third quarter 2011.
EQT’s third quarter 2012 operating income was $85.8 million, compared to third quarter 2011 operating income of $134.8 million, excluding the Big Sandy gain. During the quarter, revenue from production and midstream sales volume growth was more than offset by a $44.3 million increase in depreciation, depletion and amortization expenses; as well as a 23% reduction in average wellhead sales prices to EQT Corporation. The 2011 results excluding the Big Sandy gain are non-GAAP financial measures and are reconciled in the Non-GAAP Disclosures section of this press release.
Highlights for the third quarter 2012 vs. third quarter 2011; and quarter-over-quarter 2012:
- Production sales volumes were 33% higher, and 12.5% sequentially;
- Marcellus production sales volumes were 85% higher, and 27% sequentially;
- Midstream gathered volumes were 30% higher, and 12% sequentially; and
- EQT average wellhead sales price was 23% lower.
- Increased 2012 production sales volume guidance to 257 Bcfe; and
- Initiated 2013 production sales volume guidance of 335 Bcfe, a 30% increase over 2012
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV