4G chipmaker Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS) announced that Modacom, a Korean maker of wireless broadband data communications devices, has adopted its LTE chips to design LTE user devices.
“We are pleased to count Modacom among our important customers,” said Georges Karam, Sequans CEO. “They have long experience in bringing to market high quality 4G devices for global markets.”
“Sequans’ LTE chipset technology provides the very best in LTE throughput and other advanced features, enabling us to build LTE devices with very high performance,” said a Modacom representative.
Modacom is using Sequans latest SQN3100 series semiconductor solutions, part of Sequans’ StreamrichLTE™ product family for high performance LTE devices. StreamrichLTE chips conform to 3GPP R9 standards, support both TDD and FDD for global compatibility, and deliver category 4 throughput of 150 Mbps. The chips are built in 40 nm CMOS and comprise an LTE baseband modem and LP DDR SDRAM in a very small 10 x 10 x 1.04 mm package, optimizing both cost and footprint.See Sequans next week at 4G World in Chicago, booth 429. Cautions regarding forward-looking statements About Sequans Communications Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE: SQNS) is a 4G chipmaker, supplying LTE and WiMAX chips to original equipment manufacturers and original design manufacturers worldwide. Founded in 2003 to address the WiMAX market, the company expanded in early 2009 to address the LTE market. Sequans is based in Paris, France with additional offices throughout the world, including United States, United Kingdom, Israel, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, and China. Visit Sequans online at www.sequans.com; www.facebook.com/sequans; www.twitter.com/sequans
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV