Based on management’s views and on the preceding factors, management expects the fourth quarter 2012 net income per share to be between $1.15 and $1.25 per share compared to $1.18 per share in the fourth quarter of 2011, which does not include costs and other charges expected to be incurred in the fourth quarter associated with the Company’s previously announced reorganization of its Mexico-based pawn operations (estimated to be between 19 cents and 32 cents per share). Based on the Company’s growth through the first nine months of 2012, which produced earnings per share of $2.62 ($3.27 per share on a non-GAAP adjusted basis, adding back the unusual items discussed above of 65 cents per share in the third quarter), and factors noted above, management expects its fiscal year 2012 earnings per share to be in a range of between $3.77 and $3.87 per share ($4.42 and $4.52 per share on a non-GAAP adjusted basis, adjusted for the third quarter unusual items but excluding the unusual items expected to be incurred in the fourth quarter, as noted above), compared to $4.25 per share in fiscal 2011.
In addition, management is initiating its expectations for fiscal year 2013. Based on its current views of the coming year, management establishes its initial anticipated range of earnings per share of between $4.75 to $5.15 for fiscal 2013.
About the Company
As of September 30, 2012, Cash America International, Inc. operated 1,074 total locations offering specialty financial services to consumers, which included the following:
- 815 lending locations (including one unconsolidated franchised location) in 23 states in the United States under the names “Cash America Pawn,” “SuperPawn,” “Cash America Payday Advance,” and “Cashland;”
- 160 pawn lending locations in central and southern Mexico under the name “Prenda Fácil;”
- 99 check cashing centers (including 93 unconsolidated franchised and six Company-owned check cashing centers) operating in 15 states in the United States under the name “Mr. Payroll.”
- in 32 states in the United States at http://www.cashnetusa.com and http://www.netcredit.com;
- in the United Kingdom at http://www.quickquid.co.uk and http://www.poundstopocket.co.uk;
- in Australia at http://www.dollarsdirect.com.au; and
- in Canada at http://www.dollarsdirect.ca.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts