- Excluding special items, EPS from continuing operations was $0.58. Including special items, EPS from continuing operations was $0.75.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $275 million, which included $12 million of EBITDA from the St. Regis Bal Harbour residential project.
- Excluding special items, income from continuing operations was $114 million. Including special items, income from continuing operations was $147 million.
- Worldwide Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels increased 4.7% in constant dollars (1.3% in actual dollars) compared to 2011. Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels in North America increased 5.3% in constant dollars (4.8% in actual dollars).
- Management fees, franchise fees and other income increased 8.4% compared to 2011.
- Worldwide Same-Store Company-Operated gross operating profit margins increased approximately 100 basis points compared to 2011.
- Worldwide REVPAR for Starwood branded Same-Store Owned Hotels increased 2.3% in constant dollars (decreased 2.2% in actual dollars) compared to 2011.
- Margins at Starwood branded Same-Store Owned Hotels Worldwide increased approximately 10 basis points compared to 2011.
- Earnings from Starwood’s vacation ownership and residential business increased approximately $19 million compared to 2011, including $12 million of earnings from the St. Regis Bal Harbour residential project.
- During the quarter, the Company signed 25 hotel management and franchise contracts, representing approximately 4,800 rooms, and opened 20 hotels and resorts with approximately 6,500 rooms.
- Starwood’s Board of Directors has declared the Company’s annual cash dividend of $1.25 per share, an increase of 150% from the prior year.
- On October 24, 2012, the Company completed a securitization involving the issuance of $165.7 million of fixed rate notes. Starwood is contributing approximately $174.4 million in timeshare mortgages resulting in an advance rate of 95% with an effective note yield of 2.02%.
Starwood Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results And Declares Annual Dividend Of $1.25 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.