Cenovus Energy Inc. (TSX, NYSE: CVE):
- Average oil sands production exceeded 95,000 barrels per day (bbls/d) net to Cenovus, a 44% increase compared with the same period a year earlier.
- Cash flow surpassed $1.1 billion or $1.47 per share diluted in the third quarter, 41% higher than the same period last year.
- Operating cash flow from refining more than doubled to $530 million compared with the third quarter of 2011, primarily due to increased throughput, higher yields and strong refining margins.
- Christina Lake production grew more than threefold in the third quarter compared with 2011. Production averaged more than 32,000 bbls/d net, reaching a single-day high of 43,500 bbls/d net. The increase was due to strong phase C well performance and the start-up of phase D in late July.
- Foster Creek production increased 12% compared with the third quarter of 2011, averaging above current design capacity through the quarter.
- Third quarter production at Pelican Lake increased 16% compared with the same quarter of 2011, averaging more than 23,500 bbls/d.
- In September, Cenovus was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the first time and was recently named to the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for the third year in a row.
“Cenovus continues to deliver predictable, reliable performance and is on track for another great year, both operationally and financially,” said Brian Ferguson, Cenovus President & Chief Executive Officer. “Our integrated strategy is clearly paying off. Increased oil sands production combined with strong margins at our refining business contributed to record cash flow and solid operating earnings in the third quarter.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV