- Average oil sands production exceeded 95,000 barrels per day (bbls/d) net to Cenovus, a 44% increase compared with the same period a year earlier.
- Cash flow surpassed $1.1 billion or $1.47 per share diluted in the third quarter, 41% higher than the same period last year.
- Operating cash flow from refining more than doubled to $530 million compared with the third quarter of 2011, primarily due to increased throughput, higher yields and strong refining margins.
- Christina Lake production grew more than threefold in the third quarter compared with 2011. Production averaged more than 32,000 bbls/d net, reaching a single-day high of 43,500 bbls/d net. The increase was due to strong phase C well performance and the start-up of phase D in late July.
- Foster Creek production increased 12% compared with the third quarter of 2011, averaging above current design capacity through the quarter.
- Third quarter production at Pelican Lake increased 16% compared with the same quarter of 2011, averaging more than 23,500 bbls/d.
- In September, Cenovus was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the first time and was recently named to the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for the third year in a row.
An Aerial Of Cenovus's Foster Creek Operation In Northern Alberta (Photo: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.