- Average oil sands production exceeded 95,000 barrels per day (bbls/d) net to Cenovus, a 44% increase compared with the same period a year earlier.
- Cash flow surpassed $1.1 billion or $1.47 per share diluted in the third quarter, 41% higher than the same period last year.
- Operating cash flow from refining more than doubled to $530 million compared with the third quarter of 2011, primarily due to increased throughput, higher yields and strong refining margins.
- Christina Lake production grew more than threefold in the third quarter compared with 2011. Production averaged more than 32,000 bbls/d net, reaching a single-day high of 43,500 bbls/d net. The increase was due to strong phase C well performance and the start-up of phase D in late July.
- Foster Creek production increased 12% compared with the third quarter of 2011, averaging above current design capacity through the quarter.
- Third quarter production at Pelican Lake increased 16% compared with the same quarter of 2011, averaging more than 23,500 bbls/d.
- In September, Cenovus was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the first time and was recently named to the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for the third year in a row.
An Aerial Of Cenovus's Foster Creek Operation In Northern Alberta (Photo: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.