Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”), (Nasdaq: VCBI), parent company of Virginia Commerce Bank (the “Bank”), today reported its financial results for the third quarter of 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Net Income Available to Common Stockholders and Earnings per Diluted Common Share Increased: Net income available to common stockholders increased to $7.1 million, or $0.21 per diluted common share, for the third quarter of 2012. This represented a 23.5% increase in earnings per diluted common share compared to $0.17 for the third quarter of 2011. Earnings per diluted common share also increased 10.5% sequentially, compared to $0.19 for the second quarter of 2012.
- Quarterly Return on Average Assets (ROAA) of 1.11% and Return on Average Equity (ROAE) of 10.95%
- Adjusted Operating Earnings (a non-GAAP measure) Increased: Adjusted operating earnings for the third quarter of 2012 increased to $5.8 million, or $0.17 per diluted common share, compared to $5.2 million, or $0.17 per diluted common share, for the same period in 2011. Adjusted operating earnings also increased $292 thousand, or $0.01 per diluted share, compared to the second quarter of 2012.
- Asset Quality Stable: Non-performing assets and loans 90+ days past due to total assets sequentially decreased from 2.00% at June 30, 2012, to 1.98% at September 30, 2012.
- Capital Strength and Book Value per Common Share Growth: Tier 1, total qualifying and tier 1 leverage capital ratios increased to 16.29%, 17.55% and 12.27%, at September 30, 2012, respectively. Tangible common equity improved to 8.08% at September 30, 2012, as compared to 7.79% and 7.17% at June 30, 2012, and September 30, 2011, respectively. The book value per common share increased to $7.63 at September 30, 2012, as compared to $7.39 and $7.03 at June 30, 2012, and September 30, 2011, respectively.
Peter A. Converse, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “I’m pleased to report another quarter of strong profitability with earnings per diluted common share of $0.21, up 23.5% year-over-year and 10.5% on a linked quarter basis. As a result, our ROAA of 1.11% and ROAE of 10.95% marked the second consecutive quarter of those profitability metrics exceeding 1.00% and 10.00%, respectively. Additionally, our retained earnings continue to bolster our already robust capital ratios which are well in excess of regulatory defined “well-capitalized” levels, while tangible common equity exceeded 8.00% at quarter-end. On the asset quality front, we made modest progress in continuing to address our remaining problem assets. Greater progress is anticipated in the fourth quarter as problem asset resolutions pending from the third quarter are concluded.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV