- Net Income Available to Common Stockholders and Earnings per Diluted Common Share Increased: Net income available to common stockholders increased to $7.1 million, or $0.21 per diluted common share, for the third quarter of 2012. This represented a 23.5% increase in earnings per diluted common share compared to $0.17 for the third quarter of 2011. Earnings per diluted common share also increased 10.5% sequentially, compared to $0.19 for the second quarter of 2012.
- Quarterly Return on Average Assets (ROAA) of 1.11% and Return on Average Equity (ROAE) of 10.95%
- Adjusted Operating Earnings (a non-GAAP measure) Increased: Adjusted operating earnings for the third quarter of 2012 increased to $5.8 million, or $0.17 per diluted common share, compared to $5.2 million, or $0.17 per diluted common share, for the same period in 2011. Adjusted operating earnings also increased $292 thousand, or $0.01 per diluted share, compared to the second quarter of 2012.
- Asset Quality Stable: Non-performing assets and loans 90+ days past due to total assets sequentially decreased from 2.00% at June 30, 2012, to 1.98% at September 30, 2012.
- Capital Strength and Book Value per Common Share Growth: Tier 1, total qualifying and tier 1 leverage capital ratios increased to 16.29%, 17.55% and 12.27%, at September 30, 2012, respectively. Tangible common equity improved to 8.08% at September 30, 2012, as compared to 7.79% and 7.17% at June 30, 2012, and September 30, 2011, respectively. The book value per common share increased to $7.63 at September 30, 2012, as compared to $7.39 and $7.03 at June 30, 2012, and September 30, 2011, respectively.
Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Inc. Reports Strong Third Quarter 2012 Earnings And Capital Ratios
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.