Monroe Capital Corporation (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: MRCC) announced today the pricing of the initial public offering of 5,000,000 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $15.00 per share, raising approximately $75,000,000 in gross proceeds. The Company has granted the underwriters an option to purchase up to an additional 750,000 shares of its common stock. As part of the offering, the Company sold 470,000 shares of its common stock at the public offering price of $15.00 per share directly to affiliates of Monroe Capital Corporation, Monroe Capital BDC Advisors, LLC, which is the Company’s investment adviser, their respective affiliates and employees. Since these shares were sold directly by the Company and not through the underwriters, no underwriting discount or commission is being paid to the underwriters for these shares. The Company’s common stock is expected to begin trading on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “MRCC” on October 25, 2012.
Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated, William Blair & Company, L.L.C. and Janney Montgomery Scott LLC are serving as joint book-running managers for the initial public offering. BB&T Capital Markets, a division of Scott & Stringfellow, LLC and Stephens Inc. are serving as co-lead managers, and Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. and Wunderlich Securities, Inc. are serving as co-managers for the initial public offering. The closing of the transaction is subject to customary closing conditions. The shares are expected to be delivered on October 30, 2012.
The Company intends to use a portion of the net proceeds from the offering to pay the outstanding balance on the term loan portion of the credit facility it incurred in order to acquire its initial portfolio. It intends to use the remainder of the net proceeds of the offering to invest in portfolio companies in accordance with its investment objectives and for general corporate purposes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV