HSINCHU, Taiwan, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AU Optronics Corp. ("AUO" or the "Company") (TAIEX: 2409; NYSE: AUO) today held its investors conference and announced its unaudited earnings results for the third quarter of 2012 (1).
Consolidated revenue in the third quarter of 2012 was NT$102,781 million ( US$3,509 million) (2), up 8% from the previous quarter. Gross profit was - NT$1,862 million (- US$64 million), with the gross margin of -1.8%. Operating loss was NT$9,147 million ( US$312 million), with the operating margin of -8.9%. AUO's net loss for the third quarter of 2012 was NT$16,479 million ( US$563 million). Net loss attributable to equity holders of the parent company was NT$16,275 million ( US$556 million), or a basic EPS of - NT$1.84 (- US$0.63 per ADR).
3 Q20 12 Result HighlightsAUO's unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter of 2012 were highlighted as below:
- Revenue was NT$102,781 million, up 8% quarter-over-quarter
- Net loss was NT$16,479 million
- Basic EPS was - NT$1.84
- Gross margin was -1.8%
- Operating margin was -8.9%
- EBITDA (3) margin was 9.3%
- With an eye on the long-term competitiveness, the Company continues to cultivate new technologies and currently has achieved initial success in development cooperation with its customers on a couple of new products. However, in the third quarter, the Company's new technology platforms and new products, especially for small and medium-sized products, were still in production ramp up period. Therefore, the contribution from these new products to the Company's profitability was softer than expectation.
- Our solar business is still facing an industry downturn. Going forward, the Company will proactively adjust its operation scale and cut operating costs as well as expenses, aiming to effectively reduce the operating losses in the solar business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV