- Total revenues were $68.5 million for the third quarter of 2012, compared with $69.8 million for the third quarter of last year. Research revenues increased 2%, and advisory services and other revenue decreased 11% compared to the third quarter of last year. The decline in advisory services and other revenue during the third quarter 2012 is due to both a planned shift of a number of Forrester Events from being held during the current quarter to being held during the fourth quarter and a decrease in advisory services revenue.
- On a GAAP basis, net income was $10.4 million, or $0.45 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2012, compared with net income of $5.7 million, or $0.25 per diluted share, for the same period last year. Net income in 2012 includes a $5.5 million deferred tax benefit resulting from the settlement of a foreign tax audit.
- On a pro forma basis, net income was $5.8 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2012, which reflects a pro forma effective tax rate of 39%. Pro forma net income excludes stock-based compensation of $1.4 million, amortization of $0.6 million of acquisition-related intangible assets, and net investment gains of $0.1 million. This compares with pro forma net income of $7.9 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the same period in 2011, which reflects a pro forma tax rate of 40%. Pro forma net income for the third quarter of 2011 excludes stock-based compensation of $1.4 million, amortization of $0.7 million of acquisition-related intangible assets, $0.9 million of duplicate lease costs, and $0.1 million of acquisition and integration costs.
Forrester Research Reports Third-Quarter Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.