During the quarter, 215,337 square feet of office leases commenced in the Manhattan portfolio, 97,524 square feet of which represented office leases that replaced previous vacancy, and 117,813 square feet of which represented office leases that had average starting rents of $48.73 per rentable square foot, representing a 7.4 percent decrease over the previously fully escalated rents on the same office spaces.
Occupancy for the Company’s Suburban portfolio was 81.5 percent at September 30, 2012, as compared to 82.2 percent at September 30, 2011 and 82.4 percent at June 30, 2012.
During the quarter, the Company signed 27 office leases in the Suburban portfolio totaling 158,614 square feet. Ten leases totaling 41,753 square feet represented office leases that replaced previous vacancy, and 17 office leases comprising 116,861 square feet had average starting rents of $30.98 per rentable square foot, representing a 2.4 percent decrease over the previously fully escalated rents on the same office spaces. The average lease term on the Suburban office leases signed in the third quarter was 6.4 years and average tenant concessions were 3.8 months of free rent with a tenant improvement allowance of $14.46 per rentable square foot.
During the quarter, 134,737 square feet of office leases commenced in the Suburban portfolio, 52,998 square feet of which represented office leases that replaced previous vacancy, and 81,739 square feet of which represented office leases that had average starting rents of $31.89 per rentable square foot, representing a 1.8 percent decrease over the previously fully escalated rents on the same office spaces.Significant leases that were signed during the third quarter included:
- New lease on 131,946 square feet with The City of New York for 20.8 years at 100 Church Street;
- New lease on 37,901 square feet with Capital One, N.A for 4.5 years at 280 Park Avenue;
- New lease on 34,634 square feet with Young & Rubicam, Inc. for 20.1 years at 3 Columbus Circle;
- New lease on 27,342 square feet with Alterra Insurance USA for 7.3 years at 1185 Avenue of the Americas;
- New lease on 20,512 square feet with San Ash New York Megastores LLC for 15.8 years at 333 West 34 th Street; and
- New lease on 22,798 square feet with Merit Direct for 10.9 years at 1100 King Street, Westchester County, NY.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV