Marchex, Inc. (NASDAQ:MCHX) today released the results of an in-depth study showing that nearly half of all calls to auto dealerships come from prospective new customers – which means not answering the phone can literally cost you your business.
Marchex, a mobile advertising company focused on calls, examined inbound calls to auto dealerships and came up with several key findings to help dealers dramatically increase sales.
The goal of the study was to give business owners a deeper understanding of customer phone calls. Call tracking and analytics boosts sales close rates and improves customer service.
The Marchex Call Analytics platform tracks and analyzes phone calls for millions of local and toll-free numbers. Based on a sample of those calls to U.S. auto dealerships, the analysis found that:
- 45% of calls to auto dealerships are from new prospective customers
- 20% of calls to auto dealerships go unanswered
- 54% are callers with buying intent who inquire about new cars and/or quotes
- 23% are callers who want to know directions, hours or the vehicle inventory
- 19% are callers who inquired about a service or a type of vehicle that is not offered by the advertiser
- 4% of callers make a purchase during the call/or make an appointment to visit the dealership
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts