ATHENS, Greece, Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Paragon Shipping Inc. (NYSE: PRGN) ("Paragon Shipping" or the "Company"), today announced the results of its 2012 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (the "Meeting").
The following proposals, comprising all of the proposals voted on at the Meeting, were approved and adopted at the Meeting:
- The election of Mr. Michael Bodouroglou as Class C Director to serve until the Company's 2015 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders;
- The ratification of the appointment of Ernst & Young (Hellas) Certified Auditors Accountants S.A., as the Company's independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2012; and
- The approval of an amendment to the Company's Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation to effect a reverse stock split of the Company's issued and outstanding shares of common stock by a ratio of one-for-ten and the authorization of the Company's Board of Directors to implement the reverse stock split by filing such amendment with the Registrar of Corporations of the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
Reverse Stock Split
The Company today also announced that the Board of Directors has decided to implement the reverse stock split approved by shareholders at the Meeting. The Company anticipates the reverse stock split will become effective as of the close of trading on November 5, 2012 and that the Company's common stock will commence trading on a split-adjusted basis on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") as of the open of trading on November 6, 2012.Upon effectiveness of the reverse stock split, each ten (10) shares of the Company's issued and outstanding common stock automatically and without any action on the part of the respective holders thereof will be combined and converted into one (1) issued and outstanding share of common stock. This will reduce the number of issued and outstanding shares of the Company's common stock from approximately 61.0 million to approximately 6.1 million. The number of authorized shares of the Company's common stock will not be affected by the reverse split.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV