The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated (NASDAQ: CAKE) today reported financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012, which ended on October 2, 2012.
Total revenues were $453.8 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2012 as compared to $430.4 million in the prior year third quarter. Net income and diluted net income per share were $27.2 million and $0.49, respectively.
Comparable restaurant sales at The Cheesecake Factory and Grand Lux Cafe increased 2.5% in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. By concept, comparable restaurant sales grew 2.9% at The Cheesecake Factory and declined 2.0% at Grand Lux Cafe.“We delivered a 36 percent increase in earnings per share this quarter driven by a competitively strong comparable sales increase at the high-end of our expectations, and solid cost management,” said David Overton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our sales growth was primarily due to increases in guest traffic, as we extend our market share gains. We have a nearly 35-year track record of executing the highest volume, highest complexity restaurants in casual dining, and yet we still keep getting better and better at operating our restaurants. We see ongoing improvements in overall guest satisfaction scores, which is critical to attracting and retaining guests,” continued Overton. “The tenure, knowledge and commitment of our operations team are outstanding and those are key success factors to our performance,” concluded Overton. Development The Company expects to open as many as eight new restaurants in fiscal 2012, four of which are already open. Of the remaining new restaurant openings, two locations are expected to open in each of November and December 2012. Internationally, the first The Cheesecake Factory restaurant opened in Dubai in August 2012 under a licensing agreement. The Company expects as many as three new locations to open in the Middle East in fiscal 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV