"We continued to show strong revenue execution during the third quarter and nearly doubled our billings over the same period last year," added Michael Scarpelli, chief financial officer of ServiceNow. “Deferred revenue grew sequentially by 13%, marking the fourth consecutive quarter of double-digit sequential growth, and we generated approximately $9.1 million in operating cash flow for the quarter."
The non-GAAP financial guidance discussed below excludes stock based compensation expense and the related income tax impact (see table which reconciles these non-GAAP financial measures to the related GAAP measures). Negative numbers are shown in parentheses.
For the fourth quarter of 2012, we now expect:
- Total revenues between $69 and $71 million, representing year-over-year growth between 76% and 81%. Our total fourth quarter revenues estimate consists of subscription revenues between $60 and $61 million and professional services and other revenues between $9 and $10 million.
- Subscription gross margin between 68% and 69%, professional services and other gross margin between (1%) and (5%), and overall gross margin between 58% and 59%.
- Operating margin between (5%) and (7%).
- A loss per basic and diluted share between $0.05 and $0.06 with weighted-average shares outstanding of approximately 123.5 million.
- In October, ServiceNow announced a new release of its cloud-based IT service automation software. With the new IT Asset Management application embedded in the product, ServiceNow enables companies to more efficiently utilize software and can help achieve compliance with license terms and requirements. At the same time, companies can avoid over-purchasing software licenses and maintenance or support contracts. The release also includes new capabilities for agile software development to improve user experience.
- In August, ServiceNow announced it added end-to-end lifecycle automation for managing VMware virtual machines (VMs) from creation to retirement. The new capabilities can help prevent inefficient or wasteful use of VMs, saving administrative time and reducing cost. The new VMware lifecycle automation capabilities can also substantially reduce the amount of time and effort required to initially provision a VM, transforming a process that might take up to several weeks to one completed in only minutes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts