ServiceNow, Inc. (NYSE:NOW), a leading provider of cloud-based services to automate enterprise IT operations, today announced its financial results for its third quarter of 2012.
Third quarter 2012 results:
- Revenues of $64.3 million, an increase of 88% compared to the third quarter of 2011, and an increase of 13% from the second quarter of 2012.
- A GAAP net loss for the quarter of $13.1 million, or a loss of $0.11 per basic and diluted share, compared to GAAP net income of $0.1 million, or net income of $0.00 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011.
- A non-GAAP net loss for the quarter of $7.1 million, or a net loss of $ 0.06 per basic and diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $1.7 million, or net income of $0.05 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011 (see the table entitled "Results of Operations GAAP to Non-GAAP Reconciliation " for a reconciliation of these GAAP and non-GAAP financial measures).
- Deferred Revenue of $147.9 million, a 13% increase over the $131.1 million reported at the end of the prior quarter.
- Billings were $81.2 million, a 13% increase over the $72.1 million reported in the previous quarter and a 96% increase over the $41.4 million in the same period last year (see the table entitled “Non-GAAP Billings Reconciliation” for a reconciliation of non-GAAP billings to GAAP revenues).
"ServiceNow’s third quarter results were highlighted by continued growth across our key financial metrics and we exceeded our previously stated outlook on revenue and non-GAAP EPS,” said Frank Slootman, president and chief executive officer of ServiceNow. “In our first full quarter as a public company, we added over 145 customers, bringing our cumulative customer count to 1,346 worldwide, and we achieved a customer renewal rate of 96%.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV