Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) today announced earnings results for the third quarter of 2012, including the following significant highlights:
- Year-over-year third quarter revenue growth of 19% and earnings per common diluted share growth of 100%
- Full year 2012 earnings guidance per common diluted share of between $3.08 and $3.15, compared to previous full year 2012 guidance of between $2.95 and $3.10
- Rail Group orders for 4,865 new railcars during the quarter, bringing the backlog to 31,330 units valued at a record level of $3.3 billion
- Rail Group shipments of 4,145 railcars during the third quarter and anticipated full year 2012 shipments of between 19,150 and 19,650 railcars
- Inland Barge Group orders of $162 million during the third quarter, resulting in backlog of $537 million
- Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group operating profit from sales of railcars from the lease fleet of $21.3 million compared to $6.5 million in the same period last year
- Available liquidity at the end of the quarter of $757.6 million, including $312.2 million of cash and the Company’s committed credit facilities
Trinity Industries, Inc. reported net income attributable to Trinity stockholders of $63.2 million, or $0.80 per common diluted share, for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012. Net income for the same quarter of 2011 was $31.9 million, or $0.40 per common diluted share. Revenues for the third quarter of 2012 increased 19% to $937.5 million compared to revenues of $791.1 million for the same quarter of 2011. The Company reported an operating profit of $141.9 million in the third quarter of 2012, a 35% increase compared to an operating profit of $105.4 million for the same quarter last year.
“I am pleased with our third quarter 2012 results, which represent the Company’s eighth consecutive quarter of combined year-over-year revenue and earnings growth,” said Timothy R. Wallace, Trinity's Chairman, CEO and President. “During the quarter, our portfolio of businesses performed well, especially those serving the North American oil, gas, and chemical industries.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV