Rocky Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: RCKY) today announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third quarter 2012 net income was $5.4 million compared with $5.2 million in the third quarter of 2011, and diluted earnings per share were $0.72 compared to $0.70 during the same period last year. Third quarter net sales were $72.5 million versus net sales of $71.0 million a year ago.
David Sharp, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are pleased that several of our more recently launched footwear initiatives once again delivered strong results. Double digit percentage gains in our western, commercial military and lifestyle categories, which include our new Durango City line of more fashion forward boots, fueled a 9% increase in footwear sales for the third quarter. As apparel sales to one of our customers continue to decline and growth projections for the overall work and hunting footwear markets remain modest, we are encouraged by our ability to successfully develop new growth vehicles for the future. We are also pleased with our continued progress towards improving our balance sheet. With funded debt down 30% from a year ago, the Company is now better positioned to capitalize on the long-term growth opportunities that lie ahead.”
Third Quarter ReviewWholesale sales for the third quarter increased 4.5% to $62.9 million compared to $60.2 million for the same period in 2011. The increase in wholesale sales was driven by a 9% increase in footwear sales, which was offset by a decline in apparel sales. Retail sales for the third quarter were $9.6 million compared to $10.3 million last year. There were no military segment sales for the third quarter compared to $0.4 million in the third quarter of 2011. Gross margin in the third quarter of 2012 was $26.2 million, or 36.1% of sales compared to $25.6 million, or 36.0% for the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV