During the second quarter, the Company remodeled two stores and opened one new fuel center, ending the quarter with 97 stores and 29 fuel centers. The Company plans to complete two major remodels and open three new Valu Land locations during the second half of fiscal 2013.
Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
The Company generated cash flow provided by operating activities of $20.1 million for the second quarter ended September 15, 2012 compared to $35.7 million for the comparable period last year. The decrease was primarily due to the timing of working capital requirements and tax pre-payments related to a tax law change which will reverse over the remainder of fiscal 2013.
During the fiscal 2013 second quarter, the Company repurchased approximately 30,000 shares of its common stock for a total expenditure of $0.5 million. At of the end of the second quarter, the Company had approximately 50 percent of the authorized $50.0 million repurchase program available for future stock repurchases.The Company had total net long-term debt (including current maturities and capital lease obligations and subtracting cash) of $147.5 million as of September 15, 2012 compared to $115.5 million as of September 10, 2011, due primarily to funding share repurchases, the timing of working capital requirements and tax pre-payments. As anticipated, the Company has lowered its total net long-term debt from $154.6 million at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2013. The Company’s total net long-term debt-to-capital ratio is 0.31-to-1.0 for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 and the net long-term debt-to-Adjusted EBITDA ratio on an annual Adjusted EBITDA basis is 1.40-to-1.0. The Company continues to believe that cash flow from operations and the $165.3 million of availability under its revolving credit facility will be sufficient to fund its operations and strategic growth initiatives for the remainder of fiscal 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV