The company expects the net interest margin to decline further. During New York Community's earnings conference call, CFO Thomas Cangemi said that "looking at Q2 versus Q3 our guidance was down 12 to 15
Cangemi also said he expected the company to "see the bottom of the margin... well within 2013."
While New York Community Bancorp has continued its strong earnings performance, some analysts over the years have repeatedly questioned the attractive quarterly dividend payout of 25 cents, which the company has maintained for 35 consecutive quarters.
Sandler O'Neill analyst Mark Fitzgibbon said that during the third quarter, "the dividend payout ratio
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV