MAUMEE, Ohio, Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANDE) today announced it has begun construction on a 27,300 square-foot railcar paint and blast shop adjacent to its railcar repair facility in Maumee, Ohio. The facility should be completed in the spring 2013.
The new facility will allow the company to wash, blast and paint railcars in a more efficient and environmentally friendly way. The project also includes 1,700 feet of new rail track to allow railcars to move throughout the facility.
"Industry demand for our railcar repair and painting services continues to increase and we recognize that our existing facility does not meet our needs for growth," says Rasesh Shah, President, Rail Group. "The new facility will significantly improve our efficiency, quality and enhance our customer service."The Andersons Rail Group operates a railcar repair business with 12 facilities across the United States and a fleet of more than 23,000 various types of railcars and locomotives. About The Andersons, Inc. The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company conducts business across North America in the grain, ethanol, and plant nutrient sectors, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing. For more information, visit The Andersons online at www.andersonsinc.com. SOURCE The Andersons, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV