Fortune Brands Home & Security
Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS) is a home and security products company that competes in attractive long-term growth markets in its categories.. This stock is trading up 10.5% at $29.81 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.9 millionAverage Volume: 1.4 million Volume % Change: 338% Shares of FBHS are ripping to the upside today after the company posted sharply higher third quarter net income as the company benefited from an improving housing market, most notably for new construction. From a technical perspective, FBHS is gapping hard to the upside here right around its 50-day moving average of $26.72 with above-average volume. This move has started to push FBHS into near-term breakout territory, since the stock has pushed above some resistance at $29.41. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FBHS as long as it's trending above $29.41 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average action of 1.3 million shares as bullish. If FBHS can sustain that trend, then look for this stock to trend well north of $30 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV