Facebook (FB) operates a social networking Web site. This stock is trading up 20% at $23.46 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 151 millionAverage Volume: 48.2 million Volume % Change: 531% Shares of FB are exploding to the upside today after the company reported better-than-expected third quarter results and improved mobile ad sales. >>5 Hated Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings From a technical perspective, FB is gapping sharply higher here back above its 50-day at $20.24, and into breakout territory above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $22.59 to $23.37 with monster upside volume. This move is quickly pushing FB within range of filling a previous gap zone from back in late July. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FB once it manages to take out its gap down day high at around $25 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $25 with volume that hits near or above 48.2 million shares. If FB triggers that breakout soon, then look for this stock to fill that gap and potentially trade back towards $27.50 to $29.50 in the near future. Any high-volume move above $29.50 will put $32.50 to $33.45 into focus for FB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV