Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) today announced that it is ranked #64 among the 500 largest public companies in the United States in Newsweek’s 2012 Green Rankings of businesses. Cummins is ranked #1 among industrial companies.
“This recognition by Newsweek demonstrates Cummins commitment to a key element of our corporate mission - demanding that everything we do leads to a cleaner, healthier, safer environment,” said John Wall, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Cummins Inc. “Cummins is constantly looking for new and innovative ways to improve the environment and the communities where we live and work, while producing industry-leading products for our customers. Environmental stewardship is a real and important component of business leadership.”
Cummins high rankings can likely be attributed to a number of industry-leading processes and measures it has in place:
- Technology leadership in product emissions standards
- Continued improvements in reducing the environmental footprint of its facilities
- Setting a second, aggressive greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goal from 2005 - 2015
- A multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management and community involvement
- Efforts to improve global environmental conditions where it operates through its corporate responsibility focus
- Voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006 along with the new CDP Water Project in 2012
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management (policies, programs, initiatives, controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with leading environmental research providers, Trucost and Sustainalytics, to gather and analyze the data.About Cummins Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins employs approximately 44,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,500 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.85 billion on sales of $18.0 billion in 2011. Press releases can be found on the Web at www.cummins.com. Follow Cummins on Twitter at @Cummins and on YouTube at CumminsInc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts