Mixed economic news from China has made it difficult for investors to guess as to whether more easing from that country's central bank or more government stimulus policies would be on the docket over the coming weeks and months.
Harvey and Moore both noted that gold ETF demand has remained healthy, despite the recent retreat in gold prices. The suggestion on solid ETF demand is that investors are still willing to buy gold.
Technically, the fact that the gold price has held above the psychological level of $1,700 an ounce could mean sentiment in the yellow metal isn't quite ready to fall further.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV