PLEASANTON, Calif., Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Vons division of Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) has announced a new program with Chevron (NYSE: CVX) to offer a joint Reward Points loyalty program. Customers who earn Gas Rewards by shopping with their VonsClub Card at Vons stores and their ValuePlus Card at Pavilions stores will now be able to use their Rewards for up to 20 cents off per gallon when filling up at participating Chevron and Texaco branded locations in Southern and Central California. This new loyalty program will help maximize value and savings for both Vons / Pavilions and Chevron customers through the combination of quality, convenience and rewards.
"Safeway listens to our shoppers and we understand the importance of stretching their grocery dollars and saving at the pump," said Mir Aamir, president of Customer Loyalty and Digital Technologies at Safeway. "By teaming up with Chevron, we're able to thank our customers with an innovative rewards program that makes these two frequent and critical purchases even easier and more affordable."Beyond savings, customers also benefit from the ease with which they can earn and redeem their Gas Rewards. With 264 Vons and Pavilions stores and well over 900 Chevron and Texaco branded stations in Southern and Central California, shopping and saving at the pump is now even more convenient. "We're confident new and existing customers will be excited to use this new rewards program which teams up two quality brands. We wanted to offer customers the opportunity to reap the benefits and product offerings of both Safeway and Chevron," says Cary Knuth, general manager of Marketing, Sales, and Services for Chevron Americas Products. Under the joint Reward Points program, for every 100 points earned by shopping at Vons and Pavilions stores, customers receive a 10 cent per gallon Gas Reward. Points can be earned by shopping at Vons and Pavilions stores in the following ways:
- Customers receive one point per $1 spent on eligible grocery purchases.
- By purchasing qualifying gift cards, shoppers receive two points per $1 spent.
- For purchases made at the pharmacy, customers receive one point for every $1 of out-of-pocket cost, including co-pays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV