SUWANEE, Ga., Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS), a provider of premier solutions to multichannel service operators will demonstrate the industry-leading performance of its VIPr™ Video Transcoders in the ARRIS booth #801 at this year's TelcoTV show in Las Vegas.
The triple-duty VIPr 4000 series of transcoders are ideal for operators who require program streams to be transcoded from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 formats. They also perform ad splicing as part of an ARRIS integrated advertising solution for IP connected devices. In addition, operators can use the VIPr systems to provide high quality adaptive bitrate streaming services to multiple screens.
"The ARRIS VIPr video transcoders have a history of innovation and are a natural fit for a variety of IPTV applications," said ARRIS VP Product Line Management Bill Hogan. "We encourage attendees to visit the booth and learn more about how the platform can help resolve complex technical issues while improving customers' overall quality of experience. "
VIPr 4400: For IPTV environments, the MPEG-4 video format is the compression format of choice for delivery to subscribers, but many video programs are available only in MPEG-2 format. The VIPr 4400 provides high quality MPEG-2 to MPEG4 transcoding of these video programs. The system applies an intelligent recode feature that delivers dramatic gains in efficiency over competitive encoding/transcoding solutions.VIPr 4800: Delivering high quality video is especially important when offering multiscreen linear TV services to PCs, tablets, and other mobile devices. The VIPr 4800 Video Transcoder excels at supporting requirements by consistently delivering best-in-class adaptive bit rate video performance in varying network conditions. In addition, the VIPr 4800 provides ad splicing into linear content, and also supports encryption and integration with established conditional access servers to protect premium video assets. Using the VIPr Video Transcoders, operators can:
- Meet the expanded demand for high bandwidth video services over the existing delivery infrastructure by managing all transcoding, recoding, and down conversion with a flexible, high-performance platform
- Reap the benefits of "best in class" MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 coding quality and efficiency
- Deliver content via adaptive bitrate streaming in multiple encoding formats with the highest possible standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) video quality.
- Maximize video assets with advanced recoding that repurposes original MPEG data and preserves video quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV