But that's not the culture of investing the media instill.
Instead, it creates an absurd story. Sells it as reality. And then, when it appears it's about to be proven wrong, the media spits out headlines like this one from Reuters:
Facebook's Mobile Surprise Allays Growth Fears
Yes, just like a $329 iPad mini from Apple, it was a "surprise" only to the minions who passed off stories and "analysis" poisoned by falsehoods and lack of patience as objective fact.We got it wrong from the get-go. Now, it looks like we'll be proven wrong so we'll just call the whole thing a "surprise." What a business. I'm not surprised. Mark Zuckerberg is not surprised. And, happily, neither one of us is caught in a pretty nasty short squeeze this morning. At the time of publication the author had positions in FB and P. Follow @RoccoPendola This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV