Dow 55,000? It's Closer Than You Think
>>5 Hated Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings Garmin (GRMN) is one name that immediately springs to mind. The GPS maker currently sports a short interest ratio of 20.7, which means that it would take more than a month of buying pressure at current volume levels just for shorts to exit their bets. Couple that with the fact that Garmin has a debt-free balance sheet, has staged a post-crash revenue turnaround in the last year, and pays out a 4.5% dividend yield, and this stock looks overly hated.
That means it should benefit more than most from a broad rally in stocks.
There's no question that we're still in a challenging market right now, but with a little perspective from the past, the anti-stock sentiment points to a rally of significant proportions over the longer-term. To see these names in action, check out the Dow 55,000 Portfolio on Stockpickr.
-- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV