Though not part of the presentation, various Web sites reported that Apple will be replacing third-gen iPads bought in the past 30 days with this new version, as the device will be discontinued. Pricing for the fourth-gen iPad is the same, starting at $499 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi version, and $629 for the LTE 16 GB version.
The third major takeaway from the event was not a product, but rather an announcement, which some may see as a disappointment. CEO Tim Cook noted that Apple has sold over 100 million iPads since the product was introduced in 2010. This implies that Apple sold just 16 million iPads in its fiscal fourth-quarter, which ended Sept. 30. Apple reports fourth-quarter earnings tomorrow, which TheStreet will be covering live.
If it's true that Apple sold only 16 million iPads, this would be a slowdown from the third-quarter, when it sold 17 million of the tablts. It will be worth watching and listening to see if there are any hiccups in the tablet market.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in San Francisco, Calif.>Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV