HONG KONG, Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelzoo Asia Pacific, a licensee of Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ:TZOO), a global Internet media company, today announced the addition of Alipay, an online payment system, to its Local Deals business in China.
Alipay is by far the largest online payment system in China, with more than 700 million registered accounts. The strategic cooperation will make Alipay the preferred payment option on Travelzoo Lv You Zu.
Jason Yap, CEO of Travelzoo Asia Pacific said, "We have gained rapid momentum of our Local Deals business in
China since its launch. Our continuous focus on quality in everything we do has fueled the demand for high quality and value-for-money offers, which sets us apart in the crowded marketplace. Our collaboration with Alipay will facilitate smooth and easy transactions for our discerning subscribers. In addition, it will also give us strategic access to Alipay's large base of Chinese urban professionals. We are confident that this cooperation will help us penetrate deeper into
China and position ourselves to further capitalize on one of the world's fastest growing e-commerce markets."
Subscribers now have access to a trusted and convenient payment platform to purchase the most outstanding restaurants, spas and getaway deals. Recent top deals on Travelzoo Lv You Zu include a fine dining experience at the T8 Restaurant & Bar, the only restaurant in China rated as one of the world's top 50 restaurants by Conde Nast Traveler, patronized by celebrities including Yao Ming and Giorgio Armani; and a luxury getaway to the spectacular InterContinental One Thousand Island Lake Resort, with its unrivaled views of the Xianshan Peninsula. The two deals generated more than USD 36,550 and USD 250,000 in sales, respectively. .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV