NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim, let's talk about 3M and DuPont's earnings. 3M...it really wasn't a terrible quarter...
I like 3M.
...but they seem like they're getting dumped into the same bath as...throwing baby out with the bathwater.
3M is a buy. I mean, I would have thought 3M would be up. It's more like UPS than it is DuPont. It's more like FedEx than it is DuPont. It's not Harley-Davidson, which is doing incredibly well, or Whirlpool, or Coach. Look at all these companies that are doing well from the consumer. But it's really not bad. I want to distinguish 3M from DuPont. DuPont had a couple divisions that were really bad. One of them is going to go away. But 3M was very much, I felt...listen, we're doing great. And DuPont was very much...I thought we were doing great. And it's the latter that is just so hard.
I was surprised on DuPont. Well, we know they're getting rid of the auto paint business, but then the Teflon...The Teflon coatings were down. They went down. Jim Cramer:
No, this was, what's going on, guys? Now Stephanie Link Action Alerts Research Director and I...we were going back over and over and here's an ultimate takeaway...it's gotten too trashed. They're addressing the issues, the restructure is going to be good, the Ag was good. So, I mean, my total takeaway is that at 3.7 percent yield, you buy it. So that's a takeaway. But 3M you just buy, because 3M was good, not bad. Debra Borchardt:
So then you think both of them are bargains? Jim Cramer:
I think that DuPont now, yeah...I mean, obviously, DuPont going in, that was a mistake. I had more faith in Coleman flagging TiO2...that's the whitener. There's just some of these commodity chemicals that didn't do that well. Debra Borchardt:
Okay. So you own DuPont going in. Would you add to your position, or no? Jim Cramer:
If we could, we would. Debra Borchardt:
Okay. All right...fair enough. Jim Cramer:
Very important...if we could, we would.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV