Today, Siemens Hearing Instruments, Inc. unveiled Micon™, the new platform behind its clinically proven BestSound® Technology and a revolution in audiological engineering. The new platform enables listening with ease even in the most challenging situations. This latest technology is available in the new Ace™ and on the popular Pure®, Aquaris® and Siemens Life™ models. The new platform supports the objectives of Agenda 2013, a global initiative to further strengthen the innovative power and competitiveness of the Siemens Healthcare Sector.
The new Micon microprocessor chip is capable of executing 250 million instructions per second and has twice the processing power of Siemens’ previous technology platform, expanding Siemens’ hearing technology to 48 channels and extending the frequency range to 12,000 Hz. The result is exceptional sound clarity and listening comfort.
“The Micon platform represents our commitment to continuous improvements and innovation in hearing aid technology,” said Scott Davis, CEO, Siemens Hearing Instruments, Inc. “This development is the result of years of audiological research and delivers the most comprehensive combination of best-in-class features so wearers will love the natural, clear and comfortable sound right from the start. This may shorten the adoption curve that is often necessary for hearing aid wearers, streamlining the process for hearing care professionals.”
With this foundation, Siemens delivers a comprehensive combination of industry-leading features. These include:
- Optimized directional speech enhancement and noise reduction in 48 channels, for better understanding in challenging environments.
- Expanded amplification to higher frequencies, up to 12 kHz, for natural sound quality and a brilliant listening experience.
- Faster and smarter feedback cancellation.
- Advanced frequency compression capabilities so wearers can hear sounds that were previously outside their range of hearing.
- Continuous “learning” of personal volume preferences with automatic amplification adjustments.
- Automatic recognition of multiple defined hearing situations and instinctively adjusts to wearers’ “learned” settings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV