PURCHASE, N.Y., Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Premium spirits and wine company Pernod Ricard is launching a new brand of vodka, ODDKA® by Wyborowa. The new line will initially launch in select U.S. states including Alabama, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island, prior to expanding its global distribution in spring of 2013. ODDKA is available as an original, clear vodka and in five unconventional flavors, including Apple Pie, Electricity, Fresh Cut Grass, Salty Caramel Popcorn and Wasabi, each designed to inspire experimentation and self-expression—and best when served responsibly with friends.
"The introduction of ODDKA is something we have been looking forward to for some time," said Daniel Lundberg, global marketing director at The Wyborowa Company. "The experimental qualities of this new brand allow us to broaden our footprint in the vodka category and continue to push the industry's flavor profiles, expanding beyond the sweet and savory into experiential flavors that provoke curiosity."
Along with the elegant and smooth Original ODDKA (40% alc./vol., 80 proof) the new Polish vodka is available in Rhode Island in five sensory-pleasing flavors (30% alc./vol., 60 proof), in 750 ml for a suggested retail price of $15.99.
- Apple Pie: For when you desperately yearn for the sweet taste of apples and cinnamon and can't get one of grandma's apple pies.
- Electricity: A bolt of lightning in a bottle—but safer; tickling taste buds and sparking curiosity everywhere.
- Fresh Cut Grass: Nothing beats this home-mown taste; it's crisp, citrusy, sweet and refreshing.
- Salty Caramel Popcorn: If ODDKA were a movie, this flavor would be a caramel comedy with a sea salt subplot and a warm, feel-good ending.
- Wasabi: This tribute to the spicy burn of the sharp Asian condiment will satisfy your craving for something fiery.