Oct. 24, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Premium spirits and wine company Pernod Ricard is launching a new brand of vodka,
® by Wyborowa. The new line will initially launch in select U.S. states including
, prior to expanding its global distribution in spring of 2013. ODDKA is available as an original, clear vodka and in five unconventional flavors, including Apple Pie, Electricity, Fresh Cut Grass, Salty Caramel Popcorn and Wasabi, each designed to inspire experimentation and self-expression—and best when served responsibly with friends.
"The introduction of ODDKA is something we have been looking forward to for some time," said
, global marketing director at The Wyborowa Company. "The experimental qualities of this new brand allow us to broaden our footprint in the vodka category and continue to push the industry's flavor profiles, expanding beyond the sweet and savory into experiential flavors that provoke curiosity."
Along with the elegant and smooth Original ODDKA (40% alc./vol., 80 proof) the new Polish vodka is available in
in five sensory-pleasing flavors (30% alc./vol., 60 proof), in 750 ml for a suggested retail price of
- Apple Pie: For when you desperately yearn for the sweet taste of apples and cinnamon and can't get one of grandma's apple pies.
- Electricity: A bolt of lightning in a bottle—but safer; tickling taste buds and sparking curiosity everywhere.
- Fresh Cut Grass: Nothing beats this home-mown taste; it's crisp, citrusy, sweet and refreshing.
- Salty Caramel Popcorn: If ODDKA were a movie, this flavor would be a caramel comedy with a sea salt subplot and a warm, feel-good ending.
- Wasabi: This tribute to the spicy burn of the sharp Asian condiment will satisfy your craving for something fiery.
The voice and inspiration of the ODDKA brand is Wit Oddoski, a virtual character in the real world. He is a charismatic individualist and curious 2-D line drawing born in the age of invention and experimentation who marches to the beat of his own drum. He has made his social debut via Facebook (
) and Twitter (
), connecting with consumers and sharing imaginative "oddtail" cocktail recipes.
"ODDKA was created for the individual who seeks brands that are confident, expressive and challenge the norms, just like they do," said
, vice president, Pernod Ricard
. "We are excited about the initial release of ODDKA in select states and sharing our curious approach with these individuals and provoking their senses."
To connect fans with the brand's experimental personality, ODDKA has launched a free "ODDstache" mobile app, available on iTunes. Men and women alike will be able to grow their very own ODDstache on a mobile photo of their choice. To mature, the mustaches need tending; growth can be accelerated with grooming, feeding and by sharing with friends on Facebook—the more "Likes" received, the more ODD it will grow.