SMITHFIELD, Va., Oct. 24, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE:SFD) today announced a new interactive website, SmithfieldFoods.com, focusing on sharing "good food" with audiences by celebrating the connections made when gathering around the table, exchanging ideas for preparing food for special occasions and providing practical information that's easy to find.
- A brands page focused on the 12 core brands, including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Farmland®, Armour®, Cook's®, Gwaltney®, John Morrell®, Kretschmar®, Curly's®, Carando®, Margherita®, and Healthy Ones®, giving consumers an up-close look at product offerings and how to prepare them in their own kitchens.
- A feature page titled "Prepare to Share," which will be updated monthly to provide tips on food occasions, preparation and new recipe ideas showcasing favorite Smithfield Foods products such as spiral sliced ham, cocktail smokies, hickory smoked bacon or any of the company's other delicious product offerings.
- A media room that provides easy-to-find resources on topics of interest to reporters.
- A section devoted to current and potential investors.
- Access to ongoing employment opportunities at each of Smithfield's independent operating companies.
- An interactive, easy-to-navigate organizational chart.