CytRx Corporation (Nasdaq: CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, announced today the closing of its previously announced underwritten public offering of 9,200,000 shares of common stock, including the exercise of the over-allotment option by the underwriters covering 1,200,000 shares, at a public offering price of $2.50 per share. The gross proceeds to CytRx from the offering, including the exercise of the over-allotment option, were $23 million, before deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and other offering expenses payable by CytRx.
CytRx intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund the clinical development of its drug candidates aldoxorubicin and tamibarotene, and for general corporate purposes, which may include working capital, capital expenditures, research and development expenditures and other commercial expenditures.
Aegis Capital Corp. acted as the sole book-running manager for the offering.
Roth Capital Partners acted as the co-lead manager for the offering.A shelf registration statement on Form S-3 and accompanying base prospectus relating to the shares was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is effective. Copies of the final prospectus supplement related to the offering has been filed with the SEC. Electronic copies of the final prospectus supplement, as well as the accompanying prospectus may be obtained by either contacting the representative of the underwriters (as set forth below) or by accessing the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov.
|Aegis Capital Corp.|
|810 Seventh Avenue, 18 th Floor|
|New York, New York 10019|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV