Ladenburg Thalman Financial Services Inc. Stock Downgraded (LTS)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2591.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.20 million to -$4.98 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, LADENBURG THALMANN FINL SERV's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for LADENBURG THALMANN FINL SERV is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.90%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.00% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- LADENBURG THALMANN FINL SERV's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LADENBURG THALMANN FINL SERV turned its bottom line around by earning $0.01 versus -$0.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 600.0% in earnings (-$0.05 versus $0.01).
- This stock's share value has moved by only 25.00% over the past year. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts