AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner (NYSE: BWA) will introduce its next-generation EFR-7163 (Engineered for Racing) turbocharger as well as its current EFR and AirWerks™ Series turbochargers at the 2012 SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center on October 30 – November 2. Featuring an innovative light-weight aluminum bearing housing and mixed-flow turbine, BorgWarner's new compact EFR-7163 turbocharger combines the responsiveness and compact packaging of a B1 turbocharger with greater flow capacity to achieve up to 550 horsepower. Located in the Performance and Racing Section in booth 21635, the company will also display the Borg-Warner Trophy™ from October 30 – November 1 and host three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti from 10 a.m. – noon and 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. on October 30.
"BorgWarner's latest EFR turbocharging advancements are built on our highly successful season as the exclusive turbocharger supplier for the IZOD IndyCar ® Series. Our innovative technology optimizes responsiveness and maximizes power output, combining the best qualities of B1 and B2 turbochargers in a small, powerful package," said Pete Kohler, President and General Manager, BorgWarner Turbo Systems. "We are pleased to welcome Dario and the Borg-Warner Trophy to SEMA. Both symbolize achievement, competitive performance and technology leadership—the same qualities and spirit that drive innovation at BorgWarner."
"I'm really looking forward to attending this year's SEMA Show as a guest of BorgWarner," said Franchitti. "With the BorgWarner turbocharger driving my Honda engine at the world famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway this year, the #10 Target car once again ended up in Victory Circle. It will be fun to re-live this Indy victory in Vegas later this month."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV