HOLMDEL, N.J., Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly 20 percent 1 of international calls are made using prepaid calling cards, but according to an FCC Enforcement Advisory 2, these cards often come with undisclosed fees, unreliable service and higher-than-advertised rates. Vonage today launched a new product that will answer the FCC's call for a better calling card option – the Vonage Digital Calling Card.
The Vonage Digital Calling Card is a pay-as-you-go calling card alternative available online through an easy-to-use self-service website. Its rates are, on average, 75 percent lower than those offered by home and wireless carriers 3 on international calls, without the hidden fees often associated with calling cards. The Vonage Digital Calling Card can be used to call locations worldwide including popular destinations such as India, Mexico, Vietnam, South Korea and the U.K. Vonage Digital Calling Card customers will receive bonus calling credits with every purchase over $5.00. For example, customers will earn $10.00 in calling credits for each $25.00 purchase they make. Customers do not need to be a Vonage home service subscriber to use the service.
"Calling card customers have filed thousands of complaints about the unsavory practices and hidden fees associated with many prepaid phone cards," said Mike Tempora, Senior Vice President of Product Management at Vonage. "The Vonage Digital Calling Card provides customers with a convenient alternative that allows them to make calls over the reliable Vonage network at great low rates with no surprises."
Users of the Vonage Digital Calling Card get the benefit of reliable service over the Vonage network without connection fees, account maintenance fees, minimum monthly charges or the hassle of going to a store to purchase a prepaid calling card.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV