- Third quarter non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.62, compared to $0.67 in the prior year quarter; Third quarter 2012 GAAP diluted EPS of $0.52
- Third quarter net exchange revenues 1 were $409 million, down six percent year-over-year, both on a reported and on an organic basis (constant currency and excluding acquisitions)
- 2012 operating expense guidance lowered to $922 to $935 million, previously $935 to $965 million
NEW YORK, Oct. 24, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today reported results for the third quarter of 2012. Third quarter net exchange revenues were $409 million, down six percent compared to the third quarter of 2011. Excluding the impact of foreign currency, third quarter 2012 net exchange revenues declined four percent year-over-year.
Operating expenses were $239 million, compared to $241 million in the third quarter of 2011. On a non-GAAP basis, third quarter 2012 operating expenses were $228 million, down $4 million year-over-year.
Third quarter 2012 non-GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.62, down $0.05 compared to the prior year quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per share in the third quarter of 2012 excludes a loss on the sale of IDCG of $14 million, restructuring charges of $10 million, merger and strategic initiatives net gain of $3 million, and special legal expenses of $4 million. On a GAAP basis, net income attributable to NASDAQ OMX for the third quarter of 2012 was $89 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, compared with $110 million, or $0.61 per diluted share, in the prior year quarter.
|1 Represents revenues less transaction rebates, brokerage, clearance and exchange fees.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV