Capital Senior Living Corporation (the “Company”) (NYSE:CSU), one of the country’s largest operators of senior living communities, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of eight senior living communities for a purchase price of $72.9 million. These communities are in Texas, Indiana and Ohio, enhancing the Company’s existing operations in these states. The levels of care offered in the portfolio include assisted living and memory care.
The eight communities are financed with an aggregate of approximately $50.2 million of non-recourse mortgage debt consisting of approximately $29.0 million of 10-year debt with a fixed interest rate of 4.34%; approximately $3.2 million of assumed debt with a fixed interest rate of 4.48% and a remaining maturity of 33 years; and approximately $18.0 million of bridge financing. The bridge loans consist of a $6.4 million loan that will be refinanced with a permanent mortgage in the fourth quarter of 2012, upon completing the installation of a sprinkler system to a portion of the building. The cost of the sprinkler installation is being paid by the seller. The Company has received a commitment for a 10-year fixed rate non-recourse refinancing of this bridge loan with similar terms to those described above. The remaining $11.6 million bridge loan is for one of the acquired communities that had a recent expansion which opened in August 2012. This community, including the expansion, is 100% occupied and will be eligible for permanent financing within six months. The blended average interest rate on the $50.2 million of debt is approximately 4.50%.
Highlights of this transaction include:
- Additional Cash From Facility Operations (“CFFO”) of $3.6 million, or $0.13 per share.
- Incremental earnings of $2.0 million, or $0.08 per share.
- Increases annual revenue by approximately $20.4 million.
- Average occupancy above 95%.
- Average monthly rents are approximately $3,200.
The Company is conducting due diligence on additional transactions consisting of high-quality senior living communities in regions with extensive existing operations. Subject to completion of due diligence and customary closing conditions, the Company expects to acquire additional communities in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV