EUGENE, Ore., Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Continental Corporation (Nasdaq: PCBK), the holding company of Pacific Continental Bank, announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire Century Bank of Eugene, Oregon, for cash consideration of $13.4 million, or $13.13 per share. The cash consideration per share represents approximately 109% of Century Bank's tangible book value as of September 30, 2012. Pacific Continental Corporation expects the acquisition to be immediately accretive to earnings per share.
The boards of Pacific Continental Corporation, Pacific Continental Bank and Century Bank unanimously approved the transaction, which is subject to customary conditions of closing including required regulatory approvals and approval by shareholders of Century Bank. Upon closing of the transaction, which is anticipated to take place during the first quarter of 2013, Pacific Continental Bank's total assets are projected to increase by approximately $86 million to $1.4 billion and deposits are expected to increase by approximately $69 million to more than $1.0 billion.
Hal Brown, chief executive officer of Pacific Continental Bank, commented, "We have long stated our intent to pursue acquisition opportunities that make sense strategically, financially and culturally. As such, our acquisition of Century Bank is a step toward this strategic initiative." Brown added, "We look forward to working closely with Century Bank as we welcome and integrate their clients into our organization."
Tom Widmer, president and chief executive officer of Century Bank, said, "When it became apparent to our board and management team that a change in ownership was the most prudent decision to make, it was important to us that we find the right partner." Widmer added, "Aside from being a well-respected competitor and valued community partner, we knew PCB would provide our clients with the same high-level of quality service they've come to expect. In the end, we knew Pacific Continental Bank was the best choice for our company."Inquiries
- Analyst: Mick Reynolds, (541) 686-8685, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Client: Denise Ghazal, (541) 686-8685, email@example.com
- Media: Maecey Castle, (541) 686-8685, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shareholder: Maecey Castle, (541) 686-8685, email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV