The 7.9-inch tablet is a good value at $329, and likely will cannibalize some sales of the 9.7-inch larger iPad, especially given pricing levels. It's too early to say whether consumers will choose one over the other, but I suspect more often than not, that will be the case. Apple seems hellbent on expanding its market share and opening up its ecosystem to new users, and the iPad Mini is poised to do that in a big way. The company has reportedly ordered the production of up to 10 million units for the fourth quarter, according to some Asian component suppliers.
While this may not be as Earth-shattering as the new iMac that was announced, or the iPad and iPhone when the world first gazed upon them, Apple has done it again. It's put out a premium product, and refused to compromise on quality, while making it sleek and sexy looking.
-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in San Francisco, Calif.
>Contact by Email.Follow @Commodity_Bull >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV