The Informatica MDM product family delivers consolidated and reliable business-critical data--master data--to the applications that companies of all sizes and types rely on. Informatica is a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions, continuing to accelerate its MDM growth and plans with ongoing innovation, for example the September 2012 launch of Informatica Cloud MDM; the addition of Facebook social media connectors; the launch of Informatica MDM for iPad and the availability of high velocity master data identity resolution for big data.
Additional highlights of Informatica's execution and strategic direction for its MDM products and solutions in the past year include:
- Launch of MDM 9.5 . Provides breakthrough capabilities in master data management for social media, Cloud computing, mobile and big data. Key elements include delivering on the vision of the social customer master, and introducing master data timeline for effective date versioning.
- MDM for the Cloud . For organizations looking to improve their customer information within salesforce.com, Informatica Cloud MDM increases the value of an organization's customer relationship management (CRM) investment with better lead conversion, customer targeting and cross-sell outcomes. Informatica Cloud MDM is a native Force.com solution, which is fully integrated with salesforce.com and deployed in the cloud, with no need to install additional hardware or software.
Examples of customer uses of Informatica MDM include:
- A leading Pharmaceutical and Health Care products firm improves product planning process. The company needed to tie sold products to planned products and determine how much excess inventory exists due to over production by the planning department. But, it was difficult for the company to obtain a complete view from Demand to Manufacturing to Sales for each product. Informatica MDM integrated the product data from planning, supply chain, and products divisions running SAP systems to create a single view of products and hierarchies. As a result, the company has significantly better analytics and enjoys cost reductions as inventory levels can be optimized.
- A leading Wealth Management company improves productivity and marketing effectiveness. The company needed to reduce the time financial advisors spent on administrative activities associated with duplicate data entry and system workarounds. Client, prospect and accounts information were dispersed across mainframes and salesforce.com making consolidation time-consuming. Informatica MDM hub matched customer records across systems to create a best version of truth for each customer and managed complex relationships among individuals, accounts and households. Consequently, the company improved the productivity of financial advisors by 30% resulting in an almost 10% increase in revenue per financial advisor.
"In this era of customer engagement, a solid and strategic approach to understanding your customer is essential," said Dennis Moore, senior vice president, Master Data Management, Informatica. "We believe Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions has affirmed that Informatica offers a leading approach enabling customers to achieve the many benefits of customer master data management."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts