Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- High-profile blowups may wreck havoc on the markets, but investors still may be better off than they think, Jim Cramer said about Tuesday's market action.
Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers today's selling really wasn't that bad and even had a few bright spots.The market is all about symmetry, the predictable cycle of stocks going from free fall, to stability and eventually to recovery and rally. That cycle will be playing out for DuPont (DD), he said, as this stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Chuck Bunch, chairman and CEO of PPG (PPG), a chemical maker that, unlike DuPont, delivered a 5-cents-a-share earnings beat when it reported last week. PPG currently pays a 2% yield. Bunch noted that the commodity chemical business, in which DuPont participates, is a volatile and a cyclical one, which is why PPG has chosen to jettison many of its commodity businesses in favor of specialty chemicals that offer more consistent sales and earnings. He said products like longer-lasting corrosion protection and other coatings are important to customers and help build stable relationships.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV